Happy New Year to all you lovely people out there!
We hope you had as fab a night as we did; we drank a few too many Moscow Mules, kissed a couple of strangers, lost our voices screaming the countdown, and boogied until our bums hurt (dancing = more fun than squats)… yes, we’re covered in mystery bruises, and yes, the first day of the year was spent curled up on the couch with a headache and Death Comes to Pemberly, but we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Now 2015 has officially begun and it’s time to sit down and write some resolutions. While we’ve never successfully taken up running or yoga, and haven’t managed to get solely High Distinctions at uni, it’s always fun making a list of promises, even if just to break them.
So what are our resolutions for this year?
- Be more confident in social situations. And actively seek them out.
- See more of the world, starting with Japan.
- Take up dancing again. I spent my whole life loving it and now it’s been two years since I even stepped foot in a studio.
- Write more often. I want to rediscover and strengthen my writer’s voice.
- Invest more time and effort in building a healthy lifestyle. I’m particularly interested in natural health alternatives and would like to get into Ayurveda.
- Live more like my sisters; be gentle and do my bit to save the planet like one, and have a rock in bod with hardcore abs like the other.
- Take advantage of my time; read, write, go for walks on the beach and do more of what makes me happy.
- Work out what it is that makes me happy and form some sort of life plan no matter how vague or ridiculous it may be.
Now for some appropriate Matt Corby appreciation…
What are your resolutions for 2015?
Ruby and Jess xx