We weren’t sure whether to follow through with our Liebster Award nomination, having always said we’d steer clear from the whole tag/chain letter vibe. After much consideration we decided to make an exception, as being nominated was, of course, such a compliment, and this is ‘award’ seems like such a great opportunity for new bloggers to get to know each other.
So, now that that’s done, let’s get to thanking the wonderful thrifterlust for the nomination. We get really excited when people, especially like-minded people, appreciate our blog content, so thank you!
According to thrifterlust, the rules for the award are as such:
- Thank the nominator
- Display the award
- Nominate 10 new bloggers with 10 new questions
- Answer the questions given to you
Alrighty, here’s a visual of the award!
And here’s our list!
- A Spoonful of Nature
- Along Came Polly
- The Garbage Pile
- More Than Exist
- The Halfway Point
- Sustainable Daisy
Okay so we didn’t quite make it to 10 but that’s because we tend to get caught up in the big blogs and don’t take the time to find the smaller ones… that’s what makes this award such an exciting exercise- we’re finally getting to discover new blogs we never knew about, and share the ones we already follow and love!
Alrighty, so now to the questions. It would be wonderful if the lovely ladies above could please answer the following:
- How do you like to start your day?
- Who is your biggest inspiration in life at the moment?
- Which movie/book would you recommend to everybody?
- Where do you hope to be in 5 years?
- What’s your go-to easy meal?
- Where did your favourite holiday take place and why was it such a special destination/experience?
- What do you hope people take away from your blog? (sorry, stole that one, but it’s a goodun)
- What would you wear to a musical festival (inspiration for Ruby hehe)?
- What’s your biggest consideration when shopping for clothes? Price, aesthetic, where the garments were made, etc?
- Who/where do you go for style inspiration?
Now, the final step, answering the questions put forward by thrifterlust. Thanks again for the nomination!
- You walk into a bar, what do you order? J: I tend to drink whatever my companion is drinking. Usually ends up being a Montenegro.
R: I don’t actually usually buy drinks when I’m out but I’ve started to get a thing for Sangria lately so probably a glass of that (or a jug depending how I’m feeling!).
- Which celebrity do you wish you had his/her phone number? J: I’d love to be able to booty call Chris Martin from Coldplay. Or Harry Styles.
R: I’m in love with Rihanna and want to be her best friend so probably her.
- Are you a dog or cat person? J: Definitely cats.
R: I’m definitely a cat person too.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? J: Haven’t experienced it, but yes, I think so. Infatuation at least.
R: I think yes to this one. I’m sure I’ve defiantly crushed on someone at first sight before.
- What couldn’t you possibly go a day without? J: Um, water?
R: Fresh air.
- What song is currently playing on repeat right now? J: Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands- Bob Dylan.
R: The Wolf by Mumford & Sons. In the lead up to my festival and after seeing them play on the weekend I’m a bit obsessed.
- What is your all-time favourite quote? J: “Where’s your will to be weird?” Jim Morrison.
R: Probably the one I posted the other day from Frank Lloyd Wright, “You have to go whole heartedly into anything in order to achieve anything worth having.”
- What is your favourite body part? J: My lips.
R: If it’s in relation to myself probably my hair, but on other people definitely their eyes.
- If you could throw any type of party, what it would be for and why? J: A big boho wedding on a farm would be amazing.
R: Mine’s pretty similar to Jessica’s really. Lately I’ve been really wanting to throw a picnic with champagne, candles and beautiful rugs.
- What is the ultimate goal for your blog? J: I’ve always wanted to write full-time, so it would be a dream come true if the blog could provide a platform for that.
R: I would love to be able to run a blog for a living and completely provide for myself through it.
Hope this was somewhat interesting for you all! And please please check out the blogs above.
Lots of love,
Jessica and Ruby